RAB models of the kind being considered in the UK differ from the contract-for-difference (CfD) approach most significantly in relation to the timing of payments to the developer.CfD-supported projects will only receive revenue payments on successful commissioning of a nuclear plant, which can be a decade or more after construction begins. This means the up-front development costs – which run into the billions for nuclear projects – and construction costs have to be funded by the project developer and its investors.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial