The report, which looks at the technical challenges of the UK’s aim to become a net zero carbon-emitting country by 2050, says that with declining UK gas production, nuclear offers the only firm low-carbon power with assured security of supply.
“Nuclear presents a low technological risk but is significantly challenged by the current financial model,” the report says. According to the report, 8.4GW of new nuclear is being constructed or planned at Hinkley Point C, Sizewell C and Bradwell B.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial