EDF Energy, the UK arm of EDF, is building two 1,600-MW EPR units at Hinkley Point C. Preparatory work onsite has been underway since a final agreement on the project was signed in September 2016 by EDF, China’s CGN and the UK government.
EDF Energy, which operates the UK’s fleet of 15 commercial power reactors, is taking a number of wider specific actions at its nuclear power stations and other sites in response to the spread of the virus.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial