In a letter to Chancellor Rishi Sunak the London-based association’s chairman Dr Tim Stone urged the government to respond to the RAB model consultation and work with the industry on developing a robust financing model that is put in place before the end of 2020.
The government announced in June 2018 that it would review the viability of the RAB, or regulated asset base model, but it has yet to respond to a public consultation on the Treasury’s proposal that took place last year.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial