Nine reactors have resumed operation since the new standards were introduced following the March 2011 Fukushima-Daiichi accident. Seven reactors have passed regulatory review but have not yet restarted.
Eight have not yet applied to be assessed. The total number of units with licences to operate or potentially operate is 33 (16 approved, nine under review, eight not yet applied).
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial