The report, which presented a series of policy ideas for new leadership following the resignation of Theresa May, said there is no other low-carbon energy which can match nuclear power for scale and reliability, as well as the potential to use it for other services like district heating and hydrogen production.
It said the government should ensure any continued support of nuclear in the UK includes a “twin track” approach of deploying Generation III and IV technologies alongside large-scale reactors.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial