IEA report says China and Russia have shown they can build reactors in 5-7 years
Nuclear power output could increase by 90% in emerging market and developing economies by 2030 if governments implement clean energy policies, with established nuclear energy programmes expanding in China, Russia, India and the Middle East in particular, the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020 report concludes.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial