The Swedish utility, which owns 10 nuclear reactors in Sweden and Germany, said the study will look at cost conditions, licensing and general developments in the SMR sector.
The study is being carried out by Estonian development company Fermi Energia, which wants to build an SMR in Estonia. Fermi Energia has said it is “technology neutral” and is following the licensing process for SMR designs in the US and Canada to see which technologies are suitable.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial