In a manifesto published this week the industry officials said the nuclear targets are achievable if EU institutions, member states and the European nuclear industry work together.
In the manifesto they said the nuclear industry would deliver the required volume of nuclear capacity on time and at a competitive cost; undertake research, development and innovation to identify areas where the nuclear industry can help decarbonise other sectors; and continue to manage used nuclear fuel and radioactive waste in a responsible manner.
Want to know more?
- Independent news and information for and about the global nuclear industry
- For nuclear incidents, NucNet operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daily, weekly and monthly newsletters
- Access to infographics for subscribers to use in their own editorial and marketing material
- Exclusive analysis and special reports on key nuclear industry topics
- Breaking news on social media
- Access to the 'NucNet Style Guide for Nuclear Reporters and Communicators'
- Access to NucNet editorial database containing more than 18,000 news articles and features from January 1991
- A reliable media and communications partner for the nuclear energy industry. Distribution of your industry news stories
- Manage your own preferences
- Get involved. Members can attend meetings and be part of NucNet's policy and editorial decision-making
Start Free Trial